1) Put the engine into Neutral, with Forward being the next direction of travel.
2) Set the Throttle to about 8 VAC.
3) Slowly press the whistle control until the bell just begins to ring, and hold it there.
4) After about 3 seconds, if you listen closely, you will hear an air release (WHOOSH!). When you hear this sound, you may release the whistle control. The bell will still be ringing.
5) Press and release the whistle control to turn off the bell.
6) Interrupt power to switch the engine into Forward.
While the engine continues to run in Forward, the Squealing Brakes will be active. When you next enter Neutral, the Freight Yard Sounds or Passenger Station Announcements will begin.